Monday, July 28, 2008

Still in the hospital

Hello everyone,

It's been a week since the first surgery and surprisingly, I am still here. At least all the bills for the month had showed up before I went in :)

Just an update:

I am doing better every day. Started on solid foods, got rid of all the drains, iv's and tubes. Well, I still have a locked IV.

Hard to type as the one IV is in the crook of my arm (last place they could get one) and the other arm is wrapped in a K-pad (warm water circulation hot pad) to work on fixing the place where the last IV infiltrated.

I may, just might, be able to come home tomorrow. We have to see how I do today. I am 'unplugged' but still very unstable and weak - I cannot walk without assistance.

Pain meds are finally getting worked out, we've figured that I do best on a 1/3 dosage, any more and I get very sick.

Well that's it for now - hopefully soon I'll feel up to some crafting and writing and catching up on everyone's blogs

Cheers!

2 comments:

ellen s. said...

i hope you are feeling better and home SOON!

Dee said...

I love that you're blogging from the hospital bed. I totally would be too! I'm sure it helps, right?

Glad to hear you're doing a little better! Can't wait for book club! I finished all three Hollow Kingdom series!