Friday, August 17, 2007

Rock Walls, Dirt Devils and Mud

It's going to be so WONDERFUL when we finally get our yard in!

No more 'work until dark and beyond' days.
No more swirling, blinding dirt devils
No more sticky mud

...although I believe the bugs will appear in even thicker droves once there is water around.

Here Brian is, out there, working on the rock wall, after he has already put in a full day of work. Oh, and can you believe it... all these rocks are from our yard! We did not have to import a single one. I swear, our yard is a veneer of dirt over millions of rock.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I tried to take more photos, but the dust (which you can't really see until the flash goes off) is horrendous for getting in your face and I really don't want to ruin my camera with all that. The backyard is seriously 6" of baby-powder fine dust from the backhoe work and the dryness of summer. Until, that is, it rains! Then you can't step out there for the sticky-clay-like adhesion.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Like I said, it will be so nice when it's done!

Originally the contractor was required to have the lawn in before we were moved in. But, being the imperfect world that it is, it's now 2 months later and we are finally getting lawn. Maybe, by Tuesday, I can have pictures of green instead of brown!

Oh, and YES, if you were wondering, that rain photo just below this post, there is less than half an hour difference in the time between these photos! The rain was first too. No, the rain did not last long at all ;(

3 comments:

Karen said...

Your yard is going to look fabu!! I can't believe all that rock was in your yard. Good way to reuse materials :)

Rachael said...

Wow, that's a lot of rock!!

I'm sure it is going to be so beautiful when it's all done!!

Looking forward to seeing some green pics!

Melanie said...

Wow, that's a lot of rock! I'm sure your yard will be beautiful when it's done.