Saturday, May 12, 2007

Landscape House and all that...

The countdown is still on! My house is reaching some final stages, I'm frantically trying to pay off the refrigerator, washer and dryer that I had to get and gather all those final documents for the mortgage lender!

Oh, and I need to finish up those landscape ideas! Here is a digital draft of the landscape.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm trying to create a Mediterranean feel, but it's a fine line between formal and Tuscan. Too many cultered flowers and I get that posh formal look. I have to say that with the mildly pitched roofline - this house needs those marching, lined up Cypress trees. Oh, and with my ground on a bed of limestone rock, exposed to the wind - yep, I need to go with that Tuscan look. Those types of hardy Mediterranean plants will do well in my yard.
_____________________

I've got color! They need to move the huge dumpster in front of the house for me to get a good photo, but at least you can see the stucco color now.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

____________________

My room! My Studio! What a surprise when I looked yesterday and found that they were putting in the wood flooring! I'm getting excited now.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
____________________

Thanks for looking and sharing in my boring for you probably, but exciting for me schtuff on getting our house.

No comments: