Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ever heard of wix.com?

Wow, just over 24 hours ago I first found out about Wix  and WOW!

I gues I knew that there were free web building sites out there, yesterday I had my first experience with one.

In just about 8 hours I had pretty much grasped the whole "how-to" of it and had created a website. Well, not really 8 hours, I was only able to work on it off and on while I was working. But still - WOW.

I had been playing with doing a Summer Reading blog for the Library summer programming. Then Matt K. happened to show me Wix.

So, I bet you guessed it, I have created a website instead of a blog! I can't wait to upload video clips from the programs this summer, the booklists, the crafts and projects and just plain cool information we've dug up wile preparing for the weekly programs!

Check it out... OPL Summer Reading

p.s. oh, and it's all free too!

2 comments:

Dee said...

It looks so great! I want to bring my kids in this summer. Thanks for sharing about the site. It would be so fun to learn how to build my own website. I want to try it!

Unknown said...

You did this in a DAY?? Wow!!! It looks absolutely professional! I may have to try this myself!