Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sick Day

My poor baby, she is so sick today.

On Sunday, Lex told me, 'My tummy feels all wombly'

So when she still felt a bit 'wombly' yesterday I suspected she was coming down with something. Unfortunately when I tried to make her stay home from school she got so upset...

'But what if they pick the Student of the Day and it's me, but I'm not there!'

...that it was not worth the fight.

Well, I really should have stuck to my guns, but hindsight is always 20/20 they say.

Today, it's after 11:30 and look here - photos taken just moments ago - STILL ASLEEP!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Snuggled up with her guard kitty Noel...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

...who sticks to you like glue if you are sick. Better than a nurse, checking you periodically to see how you are feeling.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

...singing you purr-song until you are on the recuperative road.


Soon I'll get Lex up, fed, bathed and then get out the Vicks Vapo-rub for a good rubdown, dose her up with Tylenol and Decongestants again and I bet she sleeps the day away.

No comments: