Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Altered Books / Upcycling Love

Just found myself perusing old files and found these altered books that kind of go along with what I've been doing lately--upcycling old library materials...

I have GOT to keep remembering these! A must for my upcoming Earth Day program on Upcycling at the Library ;)


My first altered book -- using a James Christensen postcard for the image

This is one of my favorites

Not one of my best - but it's Floofy!

 This is actually an altered album cover - lot of fun with this one

 Pop up surfer dude!
He is actually a watercolor on an almost transparent paper

Totally gutted and re-vamped Reader's Digest book

This one traveled the world before it made it's way back to me-- it's now full of many of my dear scrapping friends favorite travel memories

A simple (but still gutted and newly sewn in signatures) version of a Reader's Digest book

LOVE this one - but it ended up being HUGELY fat with all the adds in it. 
A gift that I made for my friend (who had the GREATEST comments about her vacation)

Inside page to the above 
...and another inside page / paint is holding the printed acetate there on the left

Lastly, a simply altered board book

No comments: