First, here is a photo of the kit:
* click on photos to enlarge
3/4" wide measuring board
Text-weight paper for signatures
Paste paper (inside of covers)
Waste papers - to keep a clean surface
Archers watercolor paper (cover)
Waxed linen thread 3 1/2 yards for this little book
Beads (keep them on a piece of masking tape - keeps them from rolling around and getting lost!)
Viewing mat - for finding the sweet spot on your cover paper
- After measuring and punching the holes in your cover board you will want to create a sewing template. This will help line up your text signatures with your cover.
- Mark the holes as shown on the sewing template.
- Fold sewing template inside out and punch holes with awl or piercer.
- Get your cover paper. Lay it on some waste paper and glue from the center out.
(make a circle in center and then pull glue out to edges - things go smoother if you glue this way)
(photo is of paste paper, you couldn't see the glue on the white watercolor paper)
- Place the board over the cover paper, line up with registration marks.
...next - sewing a coptic binding, the one needle way.