Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rusty Pickle, again ;)

Just can't keep me from that Rusty Pickle!

I really thought that creativity and going up for the October Rusty Pickle Challenge was not going to be an option after all that was happening family-wise recently.

But then that Rusty Pickle Panama Jack paper just kept calling to me! Combine great papers with a class I've been preparing for in November.. and tada! You get a nice blend of both:

Journal Jar ala mode!


My Favorite Dish!

Generous Slices of LIFE!
*The photo is a stack of my journals served up on a plate.

The Recipe:
(the hang tag on the side of the jar)



The Supplies:

Rusty Pickle Panama Jack:
RP Sun Yer Buns
RP No Shoes, No Problem
RP Paradise
RP Tequila Sunrise
RP Sail Away
RP Margaritaville
RP Blue Alpha Stickers
RP Tag Set
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Basic Grey bling-it
SEI Epoxy Alpha stickers
Ultra fine point black Sharpie
Misc beads, twine and other bling crystals



I, ever the recycler, have used an empty Costco-sized jar for my Journal Jar. And, since you can't really have a journal jar without a journal... I've taken a plain old .50 cent notebook from the local school supply store, covered it with more Rusty Pickle Panama Jack, then just add an adorable and functional beaded bookmark and it's done!

------

If you are interested....

The "Preserving Your Story" Class in November:


I was asked to present a beginning basics of scrapbooking class by a co-worker. When I found out that the other class that night will be on canning, well, I thought to myself - best of both worlds - how about canning (preserving) your memories!

The best way to start preserving your own stories is to start writing them. And what is more appealing than writing in a fun and creative way, or in other words, the scrapper's way!

Easy, fun, creative and definitely a gift-worthy project - that is if you can bear to give it up! I presonally recommend making more than one!


For the class, after a little presentation on supplies, basic needs and ideas, I will be showing 3 versions of Journal Jars:

1- A Basic version - of which I'll have pre-cut peel and stick labels all ready for them to stick on the canning or recycled jars I've asked them to bring.

2- A Medium version - a spruced up version of the peel and stick basic jar, it's got ribbons and flowers added.


3- The 'All hands on deck' version - yeh, you guessed it, the one shown above! ...hey, they have to know what's possible ;)

I am also giving everyone a notebook. After they choose from some pre-cut coordinating papers they will get a chance to put everything together. My goal is to keep this whole thing SHORT and EASY. I want to be helpful, but not intimidating to new scrappers.


After the class I will send them emails with a 10 page list of questions to print out, cut and put in the jars. It's a free class, so I've got to control costs somehow!

Have fun!

p.s. I totally Googled for a whole range of Journal Jar ideas and Journal Jar questions - if you want my collection of questions - just leave me a post - I'm sure we can figure out a way to get them to you too.

Printable Documents
Preserve Your Story - Scrapbook Basics document
3x5 Journal Jar Recipe card

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just gone through your blog and learn capturing and preserving life stories and memories of personal history, legacy and tradition for families and family members. Iflorist.co.uk

scrappermimi said...

What a great project! Looks like your cleaning up at Rusty Pickle...so not surprised! Congrats!