Friday, September 25, 2009

Another Sketch Challenge from Rusty Pickle


Oh, how late it is! I just kept going until all of a sudden... it was almost midnight! Yikes.

I decided to challenge myself with the September Rusty Pickle Sketch Challenge.









My brain started going all it's different ways and before I knew it I was creating a layered mini Acrylic album from the sketch!

(find the sketch here )


The idea that is behind this mini book is an old memory I have, hence the 70's-looking papers and the worn and distressed look. Ha, it's not just the age of the memory I'm bringing out with the papers, it's also a little pun on wrinkling and aging! I never can resist some little tidbit that if someone really looks closely at my pages they will see that there is nothing done by chance...

ANYWAY... When I was seven and riding the bus to school every day, I would sit there and think my seven year old thoughts to myself. One day I was thinking that if everyone had to get wrinkles when they got old, I'd make sure that mine were LAUGH LINES, and that would be okay.

Silly seven year old! Anyway - the photos are of me at age 7, 25 and 40.


Supplies used:

Rusty Pickle Candy Land
Rusty Pickle Rock Star
Rusty Pickle Pashima alpha stickers
Zig Markers
Scrapworks Acrylic Album
misc. ribbon and bling
... oh, almost forgot I painted with some Tim Holtz Daubers

3 comments:

Jen Harrison said...

Thanks. I love Anne of Green Gables. I know so many librarians, lol. I love to read too! Wish I had more time but with twin 4 year olds......I love your project too-as soon as I saw it I know you will win! It is so awesome and creative. Love your blog title too!

BrendaB said...

Awesome pages, Amy! I totally agree with your thoughts on wrinkles - you had it right even at age 7, LOL!

Beckie said...

Wow I love how you have used the sketch! Brillant!